How to register for COVID-19 Vaccination – Step by Step Instructions
COVID-19 vaccination in India is set to enter its third phase from May 1. The Indian government has announced that all citizens above the age of 18 will be eligible to receive the Coronavirus vaccine. Until now, people only above the age of 45 were being vaccinated in India but from May 1 people between the age of 18-44 will also be eligible to receive the vaccine in India.
All citizens aged 18+ will be eligible for vaccination under Phase 3 of the world’s #LargestVaccineDrive starting May 1, 2021. Registration will start from 00:00 on 28 April 2021 via the #CoWIN platform and the Aarogya Setu app. #IndiaFightsCorona pic.twitter.com/5SMj1G6Cji
— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) April 27, 2021
The COVID-19 vaccination drive kicked off on January 16 in India and as per the data released by the government over 141 million doses have been administered as of April 26. Now the third phase of the vaccination drive begins from May 1 and everyone above the age of 18 will have to register online for scheduling their COVID-19 vaccine appointment. Furthermore, the government has said that there will not be a walk-in facility for people aged between 18-44 who are willing to get vaccinated. This means that everyone will have to register online on the CoWIN website or Aarogya Setu app to book an appointment.
COVID-19 vaccine price in India
Currently, there are two vaccines available in India that are being administered to citizens. Covaxin, which is developed by Bharat Biotech and Covishield which is manufactured by the Serum Institute of India (SII). Both the manufacturers have announced their pricing for the state government’s procurement and private hospitals.
Bharat Biotech – COVAXIN® Announcement pic.twitter.com/cKvmFPfKlr
— BharatBiotech (@BharatBiotech) April 24, 2021
While many state governments have announced free vaccines for everyone above the age of 18, people will have to pay for the vaccine if they get it from a private hospital. As such, Covaxin is priced at Rs 1,200 while Covishield is priced at Rs 600 for private hospitals.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT pic.twitter.com/bTsMs8AKth
— SerumInstituteIndia (@SerumInstIndia) April 21, 2021
Some of the states where the vaccine will be provided for free at government vaccination centres include Delhi, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Goa, Punjab, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Sikkim, Assam, Telangana and Kerala.
COVID-19 vaccine registration: How to book a vaccination appointment
The COVID-19 vaccination drive for everyone above the age of 18 begins from May 1 and the registrations for the same will start from midnight on April 28. Those eligible for receiving the COVID-19 vaccine will have to first register on the CoWIN website of the Aarogya Setu app. Here is how to register for the COVID-19 vaccine in India:
1. Go to the CoWIN website using any browser
2. Click the “Register/Sign In yourself” to begin the self-registration process
3. The website will ask you to enter your phone number for receiving an OTP
4. Enter the OTP you receive on your phone
5. The website will then ask for details for a Photo ID proof
6. Select a valid photo ID proof from the list (Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Pan Card, Passport, Pension Passbook, NPR Smart Card or Voter ID)
7. Enter the Photo ID Number, Name, Gender and year of birth
8. Once all fields are filled, click on register.
9. After registering, the website will let you schedule an appointment with your nearest vaccination centre
10. You can also add three more members to the same account
11. Enter the Pin Code in the search bar to select your nearest vaccination centre and select the available time slot
12. Click confirm and you will have scheduled the vaccination appointment. You will receive a text message on the registered mobile number with the appointment details.
If you want to register through the Aarogya Setu app on your phone follow these steps:
1. Open the Aarogya Setu app on your phone
2. Select the CoWIN tab in the app
3. Tap on the ‘Vaccination’ option and then tap Register Now
4. The app will ask you to verify the phone number via OTP
5. After verifying, people need to enter Photo ID proof and more details as mentioned above.
6. You will receive a text message with appointment details after a successful registration.